Saturday, August 8, 2009

In Love With A..

I was walking down the streets in the center of Seoul. People were everywhere, i walked alone and covered my face with my hoodie - so that no fans will recognize me. I enjoyed the afternoon breeze when suddenly this.. liquid on my feet stopped my steps.

"Panda, darling.. No ! Bad boy~"

I looked down and found a little white-with-black-marks beagle peeing on my foot. Then i saw his owner running towards me. She was a fine looking young lady, perhaps 3 years younger than me. She wore a black high waist skinny jeans, a pink spongebob shirt, and she had a small backpack hanging on her back, pink too. And her shoes were high stilletos, it made her look as tall as me. Her skin wasn't as white as mine, her nose wasn't as pointy as my noonas in SNSD, her lips were not red like my favorite type, hers were just glossy and natural pink. She wore black thick framed glasses, and her hair was pure black with straight bangs and she had it done with a messy bun, makes her look more gorgeous. Overall, one word : BEAUTIFUL.

"Panda, bad boy! You shouldn't have.."
She stopped scolding her cute little beagle and looked at me, I didn't say a word but she instantly apologized to me.
"Ah~ mianhae, my beagle is just sometimes wild. He is.."
She stopped and looked deep into my eyes, my face were still half covered under my hoodie. She looked at me for like..5 seconds and then she said,
"Hey i know, you..You're..the singer, the bling bling one?"
When she said bling bling i could see girls around who were walking, stopped and took a look at me, then i said,
"Sssht~ you think we could talk in another place?"

~~~~~

"Kim Jong Hyun, right? SHINee's lead vocal?"
I led her to a cafe that i recently visit, i know the place well and people who visit the cafe usually are celebs too, so i wouldn't mind spending time there.
"Yes, and you are..?", I stretched my hand towards her, willing for her to shake my hand. She accpeted my hand and shook it firmly.
"Uhm..just call me LG. No wonder you look so familiar. Oh and i want to apologize again because of Panda, are your shoes okay?"
It's fascinating how she doesn't freak out while other girls are supposed to go wild if they meet me. Maybe she's not a fan? No, impossible. She knows me, how could she be not a fan.
"It's okay, my shoes are fine. LG? Your stage name or..what does it stands for?"
I asked her about her unique name. LG. Wonder what it stands for..
"Well, my amigos usually call me LG, haha~"
She fix a piece of her hair which was falling off from it's place. I just kept still in amaze and adored her ignorance of my..popularity? I don't know. She should feel lucky and proud for having a coffee break here with me, THE Kim Jong Hyun. But why is she.. ah~ Why am i frustrating myself anyway?
"LG kinda sounds like a.." i doubt to continue my speech, i was afraid that it'll hurt her feelings.
"Brand? I know, hahaha. People say that oftenly. Yeah LG sounds..haha awkward but what can i do? It's my name."
She smiled sweetly and took a sip of her hot cappucino. Thank God she continued what i was going to say. Oh and her little Panda? Tied up to the seat right next to her. Sitting calmly and watching us talk.
"So..." i continued talking to her, "any explanations about your..pink stuff?"
I don't know why i asked that stupid questions. Oh jebal, there would be millions of high quality questions to ask a new girl that you met. Not about her stuff. Babo. I think i was just curious.
LG smirked and held her backpack, she took out a small purse and from it, she took out her handphone and it was pink as well. A pink Sony Ericsson W580i.
"Pink is my trademark. All my stuffs are pink even my handphone. But one thing..i wouldn't wear pink all over my body coz that will just look stupid. That's why my jeans are black. Full pink is just too much."
Wow. I half focused on her speech. I was just looking at her appearance, i don't know. She looks, to cute to be true. I mean, look at her face. She wore make up but I'm sure it is so thin, not thick as hell like my noonas. And it seems like she is not from Korea. Ok, i should ask her.
"Uh, LG~ You're not from Korea, are you?"
LG smiled and pushed her glasses back to it place, as it was almost sliding off her nose.
"How did you know?"
"Well, you don't look like a Korean..", Was I too honest?
"Ah yes. I live here with my 3 unnies. We are in Seoul to.. work on our carrier."
It seems like there's many stories of this lady which i want to know more.
"Your carrier.. what kind of job is it?"
LG held her cup and answered, "It's just damn cool.."
She smiled and finished her cappucino. I went numb unreasonably. Suddenly her handphone rang and it played SNSD's song : Genie.
"Hey that's my noonas song.."
LG smiled and whispered, "One moment..", then she opened the slide of her phone and talked..i think Spanish. I looked at her and listened to what she is saying. Yep, it's Spanish, no doubt. Then she ended her phone call and grabbed her backpack.
"Leaving so soon?" I asked.
She smiled while she untied Panda from the chair, "Call of duty.."
She waved to me but i called her back and asked..
"LG~ uh.."
"Yes, Jong Hyun?"
"Is there any chance for me to.. meet you again?"
I scratched my head and i know that i felt embarrassed but i didn't blush. Get real, man. If i blush i would look like a girl.
"We'll meet someday. Ok, adios ^^"
She waved at me and i waved back. Panda even barked sweetly to me, i just smiled at him and said bye bye.
I walked outside the cafe after i finished my drink and i was hoping that i'll meet her again. LG. She's the first girl that caught my eye, ever since i..didn't believe in love.

~~~~~

"Oh there you are Jong Hyun~ !"
Key hugged me as i entered our practicing room, we were having our Juliette performance tonight so i had my free one hour to travel around the streets, get some fresh air. That's when i met LG.
"Ok since all hyungs are here, let's practice!"
Our magnae are always the most vigorous if we get into a practice or rehearsal.
The 5 of us changed clothes and were about to start a practice, when i whispered to Key,
"Psst~ Key..I met a girl named LG, she's.."
Key snapped before i could finish my sentence.
"Wow you're talking about a girl. And it's like the first time ever since i know you. You're into girls right now? What about me?"
Key made a sad teasing face as if i had betrayed him, i slapped his face softly and burst put laughing.
"Babo. Hahahaha~ oh forget it, i'll tell you when we are done performing. Come on."
I had my hands around Key's shoulders and dragged him to our practicing room.

~~~~~

We've done our performance at SBS Inkigayo that night and believe it or not, i saw LG in the middle of the crowd. Really. No no, I'm not lying, she still wore the same outfit when i met her at the cafe and..when we were singing Juliette, i can see her singing along and clapping too.
We went to the backstage and all SHINee members gathered as we did a review of our performance. Key came up and sat beside me on the sofa.
"So, this LG girl, what about her?" he asked.
"Well, she is.." I explained the whole chronology of my story, about how i met LG. Key laughed when i told him that Panda 'sprayed' me. But then Key got curious when i explained about LG's appearance.

"Well done Jong Hyun, you are normal at last."
"What? Wha.. What do you mean?"
"You've been spending too much time with us, SHINee. And it seems like you have grown no fond of girls, especially fangirls. Remember our fansign event? You were so cold you know. I was afraid the fangirls would get scared to get close to you. But they love you so they made it."
I wrinkled my forehead.
"Was I that unrespectable?"
Key rolled his eyes.
"Yeah. No kidding. You're well known of your killer eyes and your cold attitudes to fans. Maybe that's the reason you haven't had a girlfriend until now, huh? Hahahahahaa"
I pushed Key's head, "Nonsense~. I don't have a girlfriend coz I wanted to focus on SHINee."
"Oh really?" Key teased me and pushed my arms with his elbows. I gave him a killer look.
"Ok. Maybe this LG is the lucky one?" asked Key.
I didn't answer Key's question, my eyes were staring at the door, which is half open. And i could see LG peeking from there. Did she hear us speaking? No that doesn't matter. Oh, and when she realized that i caught her peeking, she smiled so cool and walked away. I instantly stood up and ran to catch up to her.
"Whoa whoa Jong Hyun where are you going?" asked Key, i ignored him and kept running.

I ran through the corridors and looked around, i called for her name several times but no answer. Then i saw on my left, LG's pink backpack turning to the left at the other side of the corridor.
"LG~ ! LG wait.."
I ran to the corner and i looked at the way where she went. And all that i found was a little pink note paper falling down to the floor. I picked it up and read it.

Your performance was great, don't forget to take care of your health. We will meet again soon, ok?
Love,
LG and Panda ^^

"Love?" I murmured. I smirked and slipped in the note inside my pocket, and walked back to SHINee's backstage room while singing and snapping my hands.

~~~~~

Since that backstage 'incident' at Inkigayo, I kept thinking and wondering when and where am i able to meet LG again. Key was half right. I seldom act friendly to fangirls, i tend to be cold and..that doesn't give a good impression to fans.
So, here I am, walking at the streets again. I still had my hoodie on though, i don't want fans to scream and run after me. No.
As i passed the cafe where LG and I had a chat, I saw a familiar face sitting at the outdoor tables of the cafe. And a dog which i know too.

"LG~ ! Panda!"
I waved to both of them, Panda gave me a sweet bark. LG smiled cool as usual and waved back to me, she fixed her glasses back to place as she closed a novel that she was reading and she took off her earphones of her iPod video.
I walked to her table and asked, "May I join you?", while pointing to the seat across her.
"Oh, definitely. Please~.." She smiled as i sat across her.
"So, another 3pm walk in the streets?" she asked.
"Uh haha yeah i was finding some air..", Thank God i found you! Now i can breathe. Haha~.
"You want to order something? I'll get the waiter for you.."
Whoaaaa~ she is so kind. Ok, i admit that i'm hiding myself from melting.
"Oh aniyo~ It's okay i'll get it by myself"
I called the waiter and ordered a drink. Then i asked LG again,
"LG?"
"Ne..?"
"You were there, right? At Inkigayo.."
LG smiled as she held Panda and put him on her laps, and she pet Panda.
"Yeah, I was there..Why are you asking?"
She is damn honest. And her truthfulness is driving me crazy. She is none of my ideal type of my dream girl but..she has this thing..it's..
"Jong Hyun?"
She called me when i was busy fighting my own thoughts.
"Oh yeah. Uhm.. no. I just wanted to ask."
I was still confused. If LG was really there and i wasn't hallucinating, how could she ran so fast and left a message? Is she a running athlete or.. Ah never mind. The point is I'm here with her now and that's good enough.
The waiter came with my drink, i took a sip of it and right at that moment, LG's handphone rang again, and it still played the Genie song.

"Yoboseyo? Ah unnie.. ne, mi amigo~..."
I only understood the beginning parts but then LG kept talking Spanish. I don't know why suddenly i remembered Key speaking Spanish in our song : Talk To You. 'Damas y caballeros, blablabla and then somos SHINee'. Haha~ Key sounds neat in it.
A few seconds later LG shut her phone and told me that her unnies are coming to the cafe.
"Wow, am I disturbing you girls?" I asked.
LG laughed, "Ah~ aniyo.. in fact i would like to introduce you to my unnies.."
I opened my mouth in amaze. What? Introduce? What am I, her boyfriend? Well, i actually don't mind but..i felt kinda shy instantly.

I had a quick chat with LG. She found out that I didn't respect girls or love. But i didn't say that it all had change ever since i met her.
"You're saying that.. you don't believe in love?" she asked with a cute puppy face asking a treat to her master.
"Well, technically..yeah~"
"So you haven't had a girlfriend since.."
"Since i was born. Haha yeah~"
"How about the reality show, Yunhanam?"
Ok, now that question stopped me thinking for a while.
"Oh, it's just a reality show, LG. No big deal." I answered in confidence.
"And.. Seunghee unnie?", LG kept asking me questions. She suddenly get curious when i mentioned the word 'Love'.
"Ah Seunghee noona. You mean the one that went on a date with me to the amusement park? Well she picked me so i had to go with her."
LG made a frown, "But you look so charismatic together, especially with the holding hands scene. Too bad you gave her spoon and chopsticks instead of a ring or necklace."
I stopped and looked at LG. She was like trying to hold her laugh but then she burst it out. And i laughed too. Yeah. Why in the world i gave chopsticks to that noona?
"So now you haven't contact her?" LG continued asking.
I shook my head, and LG's face went sad.
"Oh that is stabbing Jong Hyun. Really. You should respect girls who date with you. At least be grateful.."

"LG~ !"
A girl's voice snapped LG's speech. It was her unnies.
"Unnie~"
LG stood up and hugged her 3 unnies, then she introduced them to me.
"Unnie, this is Jong Hyun, the Bling from SHINee remember?"
Her two unnies smiled at me but one, one of her unnies just gave a cold smile. She seemed..dark.
"And Jong Hyun, this is EG, my greeny unnie. She's 2 years older than me."
I bowed and smiled to this EG. She wore dominant green and her hair color was like Key's.
"This is WG, she is 3 years older than me, means the same age as you."
I did the same to WG. Calling her WG reminds me of Wonder Girls, hehe. She wore blue all over her body, and her hair was blonde.
"And this is my eldest unnie, DG. Uh, don't bother about her appearance she just loves wearing black. Oh and she is 5 years older than me."
I bowed and said hello to DG. Man, this girl looks gothic. Her hair was black with purple highlights, kinda reminds me of emo. And as LG said, she wears black all over her.
"Uhh.. LG, EG, WG, and DG.. any reasons about those cool nicknames?"
WG spoke up with her beautiful voice, "Yeah, we are the G sisters. That's why our names contains the letter G in it."
I continued to ask, "And G stands for.."
"You don't have to know, kid. Mind your own business." said DG sarcasticly.
LG went to her unnie and said, "DG unnie don't be so rude.. he is my.."
I could hardly hear what LG said coz she whispered to DG. But when LG told DG about something, DG then smiled and shake my hands and said, "Well hello there, kid. I didn't mean to be rude. Uhm, mianhae."
"Ah it's okay noona.." I scratched my head shyly.

Then LG asked her unnies to join us, i helped dragged three chairs and called the waiter. We had a fun chit chat and i had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom.
When i went back, guess what? Those pretty girls all left me. And i found another small pink note paper on the table, it says :

Jong Hyun, mianhae~ my unnies and I had to leave for our duty call. We should meet again, really. I found you interesting to talk and..
Well, we'll talk about it later. You will find me.
Love,
LG and Panda ^^

I just smiled to myself and felt so proud. Yeah I'm gonna meet LG again. And she even introduced me to her unnies! That's a good sign. A great sign. But why she didn't leave her phone number? It would be easier to contact her if i have her phone number. Oh never mind. I'm looking forward to our next meeting, LG !

~~~~~

A week went by, I've told Key about me meeting LG and her unnies. Key freaked out and said that it was awesome, and i have done a great job. But at the same time Key's eyes were red and he was like going to cry, i laughed and asked what's the matter. He just wiped his eyes and said, "I'm proud of you". Haha~

And now in this bright sunny morning, all the SHINee members left me back while they were all going for a jog. I quickly get my trainings and my jacket, put on my shoes and went out from our dorm. I closed the door and went down the stairs.
Guess who i found waiting for me at the parking lot? LG.
I stopped my steps as i saw her standing there.. She wore a pink adidas jacket, black long training pants, she wore a wristwatch on her left hand, she held a bottle of mineral water, and her hair was..uh..she had a ponytail, still with her straight bangs and her messy ponytail looks..gorgeous. Hehe~

"LG.." i called her name while staring at her.
"Hey ya! We meet again..", LG smiled sweetly.
"So, you're ready for a jog? And.. still in pink?"
LG laughed and said "Come on," while she started jogging in front of me. I followed her behind.
While jogging with her, i forgot to ask how did she get to our dorm, how did she know SHINee were about to go and exercise. But that doesn't matter. I asked different things instead.
"So this.. G sisters, you are all solid and, your job is?"
"Uh secret~ ! But it's cool, really."
Her mysterious names, unique unnies, and unpredictable job is bugging the crap out of me. It makes me more curious. Makes me wanna know her better. And for this time, i forgot to catch up to the other SHINee members.

We took a rest near a park, i sat down and LG offered me her drink. I refused. Well, looking at her just clears my thirst. Haha~
We had another conversation, this time about getting to know each other. And in the middle of the conversation, i asked this stupid little question..
"LG.."
"Yeah?" She chugged down her bottle of water and wiped her mouth with her jacket sleeves,
"Since we've quite know about each other.. I.. uhm, I.."
"You what?" she asked, she looked at me and smiled. It makes me more nervous.
I collect the bravery i had in me, and said,
"Would you mind, if we go steady and have a date?"

Suddenly a little girl fell off of a swing at the park, i instantly ran to her and help the little girl,
"Are you okay, girl?" I asked.
"Ne. Gomapseumnida oppa~"
The little girl kissed me on the cheek, i smiled and pat on her head, i told her to be careful next time, and then i turned my back,
I was about to get back to the bench to ask for LG's answer.
But she was gone, and she left a note in the little pink paper again,

Cool, you're learning how to respect girls now.
I accept your date, Jong Hyun. So.. we are now labelled as a couple? ^^
Love,
LG (not with Panda, as you see, i didn't bring him ^^)

Whoa, this is the third time she disappeared and left me a pink note..
I slipped in the note to my jacket, i jumped and yelled "YEAH~"
then i acted cool again and started jogging again to find the other SHINee members.

~~~~~

4 months went by,
today is my 4 month anniversary with LG, i'm so damn happy !
We went to the amusement park, LG wore a pink baby doll dress, dark pink cardigan, a little purse hanging on one of her shoulders, a pair of white-pink high heels, and of course, Panda by her side.

"Do you really have to bring Panda to our anniversary date?" i asked.
"Aww~ Panda teased me with the cute puppy face so i had to bring him with me.."
LG imitated the puppy face. She was so cute i had to give up and end up walking with my arms around her shoulder, she kept holding Panda in her arms.

We went on a few exciting and thrilling rides, Panda had to go to the pet corner to be taken care of while me and LG start wandering around.
We sat on a bench near the roller coaster when suddenly a few fangirls came up to me. They were like.. 11 years old and there was a few who were the same age as me and LG.

"Jong Hyun oppa, can i have your autograph?"
"Jong Hyun-goon, can i take a photo with you?"
And many more questions like that were given to me, i looked at LG, she smiled and held my hand, she told me to get along with the fangirls.
I remember what LG said, respect. I have to respect and change my cold attitudes to my fans.
So, i went busy signing and taking pictures with dozens of girls. I can see LG still waiting for me at the bench, she smiled at me while petting Panda, i smiled back and went busy again with the fans.
And the unformal signing event last about 15 minutes, as I went back to the bench..

LG was gone. Again.
And yes, she left a note, a pink one again, this time the note was longer than before..

Jong Hyun, jagiya~ ! I'm so proud of you, you finally learned how to respect other people. I was so happy seeing you taking pictures with your fans, it's so sweet ^^
And since the word 'respect' has been grown in your head, my work here is done.
Thank you for all the sweet memories in these 4 months, even I'm not willing to leave you. But i have to. I have to find other people to respect love.
Because you know what? That's my job.
Happy 4 month anniversary Jong Hyun, saranghae~ ! Take care, hon..

Love,
LG ~ Love Genie
Panda
EG ~ Earth Genie, her job is to make people respect earth.
WG ~ Water Genie, her job is to make people respect water, close to EG ^^
DG ~ Dark Genie, her job is.. well.. she just does what she wants.

P.S : See? I told you our job was cool. Bye, Jong Hyun !

I can't believe what i was reading, then i looked straight to the big fountain at the center. I could see LG waving at me and giving me a kiss bye. Then she walked to her unnies waiting near the fountain. All the four girls - and Panda - looked at me, they smiled so sweetly and waved, then they turned their back and suddenly vanished and they left glitters in the air, in different colors. Pink, Green, Blue and Black.. according to their trademark colors.

I still can't believe what i read, and what i saw. My mouth was open all the time, i stared at the last note from LG.

"So.. all these times, i was in love with a.. with a.. Genie???"

~The End~

0 comments:

Post a Comment